MUSIC VIDEO APPAREL ART WORDS EVENTS PRESS STORY OF AKiLLES CONTACT US

AK Chronicles V 1.0


Word, so I was fired on monday from my job of two years. I know that doesn't sound like a particularly long time but when you are doing something that you do not love every single day, it can feel like an eternity. I didn't have it bad honestly, I was an educator running the nutrition program in 5 schools in the Philadelphia School District. I taught thousands of kids and had become a respected member of these school communities, but my double life had finally caught up with me.

Every morning I was stumbling awake grasping for air at the crack of dawn and mindlessly going through all the motions of the good working boy, then coming home to work on promoting my events, in the studio on my album, or hosting open mics, or band rehearsals, or performances till 2,3,4 in the morning and then it's WAMP WAMP WAMP WAMP!!! 6:30 again and my alarm is blaring. After a couple years of this I felt like I had gone through a frontal lobotomy. I worked nonstop every day but never actually felt like anything was getting done.

So, when my supervisor (who I have to assume is either jealous of my life, or in love with me) said, "You're Fired," I was like hmm 'I wonder what's about to happen right now, am I gonna start throwing chairs and go all angry black man in this place??!' No, I am actually... relieved. I packed up my shyt, gave/received hugs, kisses, and well wishes from my good ladies over there, and walked out the door.

So... back to the studio, but this time, theres NO paycheck coming next week, NO health, NO dental, NO sick days or vacays. As a matter of fact, NO guarantee of earning another dollar for the rest of my natural born life. Needless to say, I am not fucking around, time to reach my potential or...